Monday, July 20, 2009

My Last Week and My Morning Commute


Well, folks, I'm in the home stretch. Four more days and I'll be homeward bound. I think it's safe to say I've never anticipated something more. I am so ready to come home. It's really difficult to not be apathetic at work in this last week, but I'm trying my best.

Quite a while ago I came to the realization that my favorite part of my day is my walk to work. That tells you how exciting my life is, but those 30 minutes of walking and listening to music have kept me sane. Not that it was peaceful or beautiful. In fact, it was quite an assault to the senses, with some ugly sights and smells, and the occasional brush with death as a scooter or delivery truck literally brushed my side. All in all, it was very Korean. Look at me already using the past tense. Wishful thinking. Anyway, here are a few shots from my daily stroll.

The street that is just coming alive as I walk through.

Oh, the smell of fish in the morning!

I have to hold my breath as I walk by this one.

Surprised to see he's wearing gloves while chopping off fish heads.

One of many stands getting ready for the day.

They eat so much radish!

Usually there's a really old lady to accompany this cart, but I spotted her sitting inside the door of the apartment. I don't know a)what they do with all this and b) how such an old woman can haul so much trash!

Toy store of sorts.

There are a few trees.

This one always makes me laugh. Scary foreigner!

I had to get a picture of this sign on a restaurant that I pass every morning. When I first got here, I would look at that sign every day and want to cry because it looked so gross and foreign. Now, it's no big deal, although I still have no idea what it is. I've come a long way.

One last bit of green before I head inside for my ten hour day!

No comments:

Post a Comment