Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Bad News

It's been a rough couple of days here in Korea. Yesterday was a horrible day at work after management told us we would all be losing an hour of our 1.5 hour of daily prep time. This is technically legal according to our contract, but a real low blow. I couldn't imagine teaching 5 classes in a row in the afternoon/evening after teaching all morning. Yikes. So after surviving a stressful and toxically negative environment yesterday, we got the new schedule today and it turns out that only a few people will be losing prep time, and I am not one of them. So that turned out to be good news. In other news, however, South Korea's ex-president jumped off a cliff to his death after facing corruption charges, North Korea tested a nuclear bomb, and a bunch of English teachers have been quarantined for swine flu (my apologies to the pork industry). On top of that, one of my students accidentally jabbed a marker in my eye, resulting in a gross and painful bloody eyeball. The kids scream when they look at me. I started crying when it happened, it hurt so bad. Hopefully it will look and feel better tomorrow. 

Even with all these happenings, I am feeling good and settled and taking life one moment at a time. My latest project is finding some kind of workout routine in my apartment. I bought some weights tonight and very awkwardly carried them back to my apartment. I better use the darn things. I just hope I can be motivated without my dear Body Pump. Does anyone know of any great online workout videos? Also, if there's any great new music that I'm missing out on, please fill me in. My ipod is my constant companion, so I'm always looking for new tunes or podcasts to listen to on my walk to work and long subway rides. 

I'm off to rest my eyeball. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh boo...sorry about that icky stuff. I'm glad you didn't lose your prep time!!

    I know a good site for yoga videos
    http://www.myyogaonline.com

    It's not free though...my roommate has an account. $10 a month I think. If you are interested let me know and I could give you the login info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete