Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I'm Coming Home!

Today was the big day. I told my director that I was resigning and that my last day would be July 24. I was pretty nervous before I went in and told him, but as I was doing it, I was confident that I was making the right decision. He was shocked and sad to lose me, so he said, but lucky for me he's kind of a wussy man, so he was not very forceful in trying to change my mind. He really wants me to stay til the end of August, but for my sanity and job situation back home, I think it would be better for me to be home for the month of August and try to get things figured out for the fall before school starts. Also, I have already set my mind on being here five more weeks, and I don't really want to extend that. I was nervous to tell my coworkers for some reason, but they were all very supportive and not quite as shocked as I thought they would be. The overall feeling was, "Good for you, get out if you can." One of my coworkers told me that I am the most positive person at work, which isn't saying that much, but it still made me feel good to know that I haven't been sucked into the negativity that surrounds me each day. Hopefully the next month will be a happy one, knowing there's an end in sight. I have little trips planned for the next three weekends, so I hope to make the most of my time left here. I know it will go fast. I can't believe this adventure will soon come to an end, but I have done a lot of Seoul-searching (I just can't help it) in the last few weeks and I know South Korea is not the place for me right now. So, let's make some plans for August!

1 comment:

  1. We are so excited to see you and hug you!!!!

    ReplyDelete