Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Just in the Nick of Time

I am feeling really good about my decision to leave Poly today. Our summer break is coming up, the last week of July, and I had contemplated staying through the break so I could do some traveling in Asia, but it turns out I made the right decision. We were notified today that anyone who leaves the country over the break will be quarantined for 7 days upon returning, without pay, AND will have to pay for a week's sub out of their own pocket. Almost everyone has plans to travel out of Korea, so this was some pretty upsetting news. Oh and if you get swine flu, you are fired. This is a crazy place. 

2 comments:

  1. Im anticipation of your return:

    http://morecowbell.net/2009/05/25/summer-music-movies-2009-lineup/

    August 10th: Mongolian bluegrass and "The Hustler". Let's go!

    ReplyDelete