Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Health Check

Today I found out upon arriving at work that I was going to go to the hospital for a health check. This was the first I heard about this, but that seems to be the way things work when you don't speak the language of everyone else around you. So I got to miss a little bit of work and go get poked and prodded. My dear Eddie drove me to the hospital (we listened to Beyonce the whole way) and helped me get in to the check up area. I had to go to series of rooms with a little station in each one. It was quite a thorough check: eyes, ears, height, weight, urine, blood, xray, medications, blood pressure. Each one of these was in a different tiny room, so you can imagine it was quite nerve-wracking as I had no idea what the next room had in store for me. I think I passed to test, but you never can tell here. We'll see if I get my health card in three days. I don't even know what the health card is, but I think you need it to get a alien registration card, which you need to get a cell phone, which you need to have friends. So let's hope I passed the test.

Enjoy the clock! I am still getting used to the time thing. I am pretty much over jet lag, but it still amazes me that I am on a completely opposite time schedule than most everyone I know and love (with a few Asian expat exceptions). So I head to bed and say good morning to you all.

1 comment:

  1. Erin - I love the clock! That is too fun! I'm going to have to tell Carm to add that to her blog as well! You can actually see Carm's blog if you'd like. I linked it off of my page...and I'm adding yours now too! You have a great writing style...so fun to read!

    ReplyDelete