Thursday, March 12, 2009

My digs

These pictures are on here in the opposite order I intended. Didn't mean for the first picture to be of my toilet but I'm too lazy to fix it. Enjoy the tour!



The shower comes right out of the sink and sprays everywhere. Still getting used to that one. 

The washing machine is also in the bathroom. Haven't tackled that one yet.


Here's a few shots of my apartment in Gangdong-dong. (Dong means neighborhood. Isn't that cute?) It 's a pretty nice place and was very clean when I moved in, which I've heard is rare. It's pretty sparse at the moment. I'm still working on getting the basics. But I do so enjoy the beautiful murals provided by the pulled blinds. Depending on my mood, I can imagine myself out on the stormy sea or out for a pleasant afternoon stroll in a European village without ever leaving my apartment.  




No oven. I guess I won't be baking any cookies. 


I'm not sure if they use sheets in Korea. They didn't give me any...

Ahoy, matey!


 

7 comments:

  1. Carm is on her way there RIGHT NOW!!!! Actually, I think she might have arrived already. Have I given you her email address yet??? I hope you're doing well!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. look at your big girl bed! that is exciting! and your tea kettle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those blinds are hilarious!! But it does add a nice flavor to your apartment without having to buy any artwork. But wait - what if you DO want to buy artwork - what in the world do you get that would even compare to those masterpieces?? Your desk is so tiny and cute. Did you get a toaster oven yet - I want to start swapping recipes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, no sheets in China either. Just one flat sheet for the bottom and a comforter. It's impossible to find fitted sheets here, and our bottom sheet never stays on....so annoying! Your bedspread is so 4th grade - love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I noticed you have a TV. Have you ventured into that world yet? Few things abroad bothered me more than watching the Simpsons with different voices. They were all wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No TV yet. I think I might get cable soon. If I do, I'll be sure to let you know how the Simpsons voices are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing your place! So very similar to my china apartment as well. I have a killer recipe for apple crisp in a toaster oven if you are interested :)

    Miss you LOTS!!

    ReplyDelete