Saturday, March 7, 2009

Sights around my neighborhood

Today I was planning on doing some exploring but it turned out that going to a coffeeshop and to E-mart for some groceries turned out to be enough for me. I sat in Holly's Coffee, drank my mocha and read Lonely Planet Seoul. You would think it would be a good idea to read the travel book before you go to that country, but hey, better late than never. It was pretty amazing to read about the sights of Seoul and then realize that I could see them tomorrow if I want! There's so much I want to do, but on the other hand, even going to the grocery store is exciting. I took some pics on my way there and back. I wanted to put them all up, but couldn't figure out how to make a slideshow yet. I'll work on that. I put an album on facebook, so for those of you who can, check it out. Don't worry, Mom and Dad, I will find a way to put them on here as well. For now, enjoy these glimpses of Seoul! 

Typical street on my way to E-mart
A random sign: a glimpse of Hangul, the Korean alphabet
The deadly scooter!
The street I live on 
The view from my apartment window

3 comments:

  1. Erin, I love the view from your window! And I'm excited about all the great Korean recipes you're going to come back with. Let's have a cooking party when you return!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're starting to venture out in the neighborhood. Don't be shy...call Rebecca if you want someone to drink a Mocha with! Carmina is moving this week...and she LOOOOOOVES coffee dates!!!! Stay safe girlie...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin-
    It's so fun to read your updates...and peek into your life in Seoul!!! I Love the pictures, especially of your students....they are so sweet.
    I good friend of mine that I teach with (Maria) has a daughter that will be coming over to Seoul in June to teach English. Don't think it's at your school, but she is a nice girl, who I think you might connect with. (She's just finishing up her masters in education at KY) She may email you....her name is Courtney Williams.
    Take care, Love, Mary Lynn

    ReplyDelete